Who are we?
At Vindicia we believe our people, GenV, are what makes us great. Come join our team of passionate and innovate professionals that are looking to transform the industry. Vindicia offers comprehensive subscription management solutions that help businesses acquire and retain more customers. Vindicia provides its clients with more recurring revenue, more customer data, better insights, and greater value throughout the entire subscriber lifecycle.
Vindicia provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In one sentence
We are seeking a Database Specialist to join our team. In this position, you will help us to grow and maintain all database environments at the best possible level and also excel in innovating/onboarding new technologies. Our ideal applicant has a bachelor's degree in computer science and 6+ years of database management or development experience
What will your job look like?
- You will provide database supreme level problem solving services to all stakeholders during project lifecycle (from Development till post production) by clarifying and addressing permanent and efficient solutions to complex and unusual problems
- You will provide DB professional guidance and coaching to project management and development teams, implementation groups as well as customer architects - internal and external Amdocs customers, including stakeholders without database understanding.
- You will design, develop, configure and administer large and critical database systems ensuring high performance and improve highly complex code where conventional approaches do not help
- You will lead and define tuning database parameters (physical layout and memory buffers) and promote the standardization per product cross customers world wide
- You will design strategy for DB working processes (e.g. backup & recovery) during project life cycle and translate and guide until implementation; you will lead and build team knowledge capabilities and versatility and personal skills variety
- Assess our current databases for weaknesses and improvements.
- Monitoring Terabyte sized databases across the globe
- Respond to all tasks in the team's pool involving teamwork across multiple teams.
- Ensure the security of data and database clusters
- Provide database technical support to the organization (including On-Call rotations)
All you need is...
- Bachelor / B.Sc. in computer science or equivalent
- 2- 4 + years of experience in database administration and SQL performance tuning
- 1+ years of experience administering AWS RDS Aurora PostgreSQL/MySQL databases
- 1+ years of experience working with MongoDB or any NoSQL databases
- Experience with shell scripting, python
- Comfortable with all OS types, mostly UNIX based operating systems
- Strong documentation skills
- Knowledge of monitoring with prometheus and grafana is an asset
- Nice to have: AWS certifications
- Any two skills from below list:
o AWS VPCs/Security Groups (Nice to have)
Why you will love this job:
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth and one of the highest scores of employee engagement in Amdocs.
- You will be able to use your specific insights into variety of projects to overcome technical challenge while continuing to deepen your area of knowledge.
- You will have the opportunity to work in multinational environment for the global market leader in its field
Click here to apply via corporate website ➔