Software Development Release Manager
Who are we?
At Vindicia we believe our people, GenV, are what makes us great. Come join our team of passionate and innovate professionals that are looking to transform the industry. Vindicia offers comprehensive subscription management solutions that help businesses acquire and retain more customers. Vindicia provides its clients with more recurring revenue, more customer data, better insights, and greater value throughout the entire subscriber lifecycle.
Vindicia provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In one sentence
Manage and lead design, development, and maintenance projects, to meet their Scope, Quality, Time, and Budget. Responsible for Team and People management
What will your job look like?
- GIT (Gitlab or Bitbucker) Branch Management & monthly release planning
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities in Jira
- Work with the engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
All you need is...
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 4-8 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CD/CI) pipelines
- Hands-on experience with Jira Ticketing System and GIT or Bitbucket code repository system (branch management).
- Experience in working with DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Formal training in project management practices preferred
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged with leading and mentoring a few development teams & projects
- You will join a strong team with lots of activities, technologies, business challenges and a progression path
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies
Click here to apply via corporate website ➔