Who are we?
At Vindicia we believe our people, GenV, are what makes us great. Come join our team of passionate and innovate professionals that are looking to transform the industry. Vindicia offers comprehensive subscription management solutions that help businesses acquire and retain more customers. Vindicia provides its clients with more recurring revenue, more customer data, better insights, and greater value throughout the entire subscriber lifecycle.
Vindicia providesequalemployment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In one sentence
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, fault-tolerant systems. SREs ensure that Products and Services have reliability, 99.99%+ uptime and a fast rate of improvement. SREs ensure our systems have the right amount of capacity and performance. SRE development focuses on monitoring, triaging/solving product incidents, optimizing existing products, creating tools, and creating automation to eliminate work and increase reliability.
SRE intellectual curiosity, problem solving ability, openness, and expertise are integral to our success. SREs collaborate, provide support, learn, share knowledge and grow. Behind our customers product experience is a team keeping the products running, ensuring our customers’ success.
This position is a remote job reporting to the manager in California,USA.
What will your job look like?
- Learn in depth how our products work.
- Maintain live products and services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response, timely documentation and blameless postmortems.
- Support Products and services through consulting, developing/implementing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, launch reviews, deployment, operations, refinement, bug detection.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience programming code for production use in one or more of the following: Python, Go, C, C++, Java
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals (e.g., filesystems, system commands, system tools, systemd, init), networking (e.g., IP addressing, interfaces)
- Experience with analyzing and troubleshooting systems.
- Experience using repositories (such as GIT, Nexus, Docker Registry)
- Experience creating SQL code to query schemas, tables and data in Relational databases
- Experience maintaining large-scale highly available Products and systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive. Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Experience designing and developing software oriented towards systems, product or network automation.
- CI/CD and build experience: Bitbucket, Jenkins, Ansible, GIT, Vault, Consul, Terraform, HELM
- Experience working in AWS
- Solid understanding of networking concepts; TCP/IP, SNMP, SSH, DNS, VPNs
- Experience with operational monitoring tools (such as Elasticsearch, Kibana, Fluent Bit/FluentD/Filebeat, Grafana, Prometheus, Nagios, Zabbix, CloudWatch)
- Understanding of containerization technologies and orchestration (Dockers/Kubernetes)
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience in a regulated industry environment and data security compliance (PCI, ISO/IEC, GLBA, FINRA, PSD 2, PHI/HIPAA, DOJ, SOC, GDPR, etc)
Click here to apply via corporate website ➔